Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 46 - Europe 2011

Day 46 - Saturday, July 9, 2011 - Belgrade to Pozarevac, Serbia - Trip 75.44 kms Time 5:19:43

Since I'm posting this in the lobby of the Meridian Hotel in Osorva, Romania, I won't bore you with all the details of my daily ritual.
I left Belgrade at 8:40 AM after getting a map and directions from the desk clerk. I set off for Grocka and started climbing as soon as I left the hotel. It was a 2 km climb! I then headed for Smederevo and Pozarevac. There were 3 more difficult climbs before I arrived in Pozarevac at 3:30. I was really feeling the heat so stopped at a Restaurant about 5-6 kms outside of Pozarevac for a cold drink. There was some kind of reception going on. When I tried to park my bike in the shade I was chased away by a camera guy. I went over to the opposite side and got a cold drink at the service station next door. There were not many choices in the way of hotels as a matter of fact the Hotel Dunav is the only one listed in my guide book. After asking for directions I was able to find it. The hotel marquee was blocked out by trees.
After putting my bags in my room and storing my bike in the basement I returned to the lobby to try to connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi. I had no trouble establishing a connection. There were several drink coolers in the lobby so I helped myself to a LAV lager beer while I checked my e-mail.
After doing some laundry and having a short nap I went for a walk down Main Street. It had been closed off to traffic including the main square. I found a fast food restaurant and had was able to get some dinner. There are a lot of cafes that only serve drinks and icecream - no food. The Serbians don't seem to be big on eating out at restaurants. On my way back to the hotel the kids were riding battery operated cars around the square.
I couldn't get a Wi-Fi connection in my room so went down to the lobby and the desk clerk showed me where I could plug in my Notebook. She also turned up the lights so I could type up Day 45 of my blog.
Cheers, Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment