Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First of all I would like to apologize for any typos in this next posting as I am using a French keyboard. For those of you who have never had the pleasure of using a French keyboard several of the letters and characters are not in the same locations as on a QWERTY keyboard.
On Monday while waiting for my flight to Bordeaux I decided to cycle into Montreal. To be more specific I cycled to COSMO Restaurant at 5843 Sherbrooke St W to try their famous "mish-mash. I stopped at a couple bike shops along the way to look for a better T-bar which mounts on the handlebars and is used to accommodate my GPS, computer and front light but no luck in finding a replacement. I did find COSMO and ordered the mish-mash. Ate the whole thing!!! This was a big mistake which I was to pay dearly for later on. The onions were quite raw and raw onions do not agree with my tummy. Man did I have some serious gas pains later on especially on the flight to Bordeaux. I cycled back to the hotel and collected my 2 rear paniers where I had kleft them in a storage area for safekeeping. Round trip was just a little over 33 kms.
I got to the airport easily enough from the hotel (1.71 kms) arriving at 3 PM. No line-ups so I was able to get my bike wrapped up in a large plastic bag which Air Transat provided for a $5 fee plus $30 for shipping charges. I changed out of my cycling clothes and checked my bags, proceeded to clear security who were not happy with the small container of motor oil that I had packed in my trunk bag in case I needed to oil my chain. They were very kind and allowed me to go back to the Air Transat checkin counter and check my trunk bag. They also allowed me to take a shortcut to get back to the security check counter and eventually into the departure area. Now all I had to do was kill 5 hours while waiting for my flight to takeoff at 23:10. Just before departure Air Transat announced that there were a few seats available in Club Class. I was able to upgrade to for $250 which was a bonus as when I had asked previously about upgrading they wanted to charge me $384. I was also promised that I would be re-imbursed for the $30 I had paid for seat selection.
Well it's quite late and and I'm really exhausted after having cycled 122.78 kms to get from Cadillac, where I stayed last night, to Pont-Du-Casse where the people I am staying with live. more about my trip from Bordeaux to Cadillac to P du C. to follow later. Bonne soirée.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it to France and I gather from this that you are using Sylvie's keyboard. You get used to the accent thing after a while. Bon courage et bon voyage. Bises Marie Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray Palmer sends a note:
    "Yeah!!! go Roly, Go!!!"

    ReplyDelete