Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hawkesbury to Dorval, QC

Hawkesbury to Dorval, Sunday, May 24, 2009


The "business" PC at the Dorval Best Western is quite flaky so will make this short as I'm getting the business... Arrived at 2:30 after cycling a very beautiful and picturesque route along the river on my left and then on my right after crossing over L'Ile Perrot. Total distance cycled with mostly a tailwind 97.14 kms. The road was mostly smooth with the exception of the stretch going through Hudson (very bumpy) (the guy in the black Mustang convetible, that buzzed me and nearly ran me off the road, needs to grow up!!) and crossing over the 2nd bridge at L'Ile Perrot which was under construction. What a beautiful day. Wish my ass wasn't so sore.





Monday, May 25, 2009


After checking out of hotel and leaving paniers in storeroom behind reception cycled into Montreal for lunch at Cosmo Cafe. Checked out several bicycle shops on the way looking for a new T-Bar mount for my computer/light/GPS. No luck. After lunch cycled back to hotel. Sat in lobby for a couple hours updating my journal before setting off for the airport.






It was just a short ride from the hotel to the airport. After checking in and wrapping up my bike in a plastic bag that Air Transat provided for $5.00 I wandered about the departure area for several hours before boarding my flight. Departed Montreal for Bordaux at 23:12

No comments:

Post a Comment