Friday, July 19, 2013

CCCT Part II - Wild Cove

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - Day 33 (rest day)
Slept poorly. My feet, which were hanging over the end of the bed when I was on my stomach, cramped up several times. I got up at 9:00 AM after Amy left to get Liam (3 years old) tested for pre-school and to get a vaccination for Alex (1 year old). I had toast with peanut butter and marmalade for breakfast. I posted Day 28, 29, 30 and 31 on my blog. AVG took over Notebook to update virus protection. On reboot got a notification from AVG stating that update had failed and Notebook was unprotected. Checked Add/Remove programs and no sign of AVG. Decided to give up on AVG and downloaded/installed MS Essentials. I got all sorts of "SPAM". Managed to get rid of most of it but still stuck with a new tool bar that I really don't like. I had bacon and eggs and toasts and a diet coke for lunch. Amy and kids returned home at 12:30 PM. We went for a ride to Coachman's Cove where we saw a "French Oven" and a shutdown asbestos mine where Amy's relatives worked. We drove to Fleur de Lis and visited Amy's elderly Aunt and Uncle. Stephanie (Amy's sister) and her 2 children, Daniel and Alison, and dog, Cooper, showed up. We then visited Shelley's Island where we took several photos. Finally, we drove back home at 5:30 PM. Amy prepared shrimp, chicken and broccoli pasta Alfredo for dinner. Later we had 3 layer chocolate cake and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I watched TV while Bev, Amy and Stephanie cleaned up. I tried to setup my thumb drive on TV after copying Bev and my photos onto it. No luck. Amy called Mark in Alberta but still we had no luck. I checked e-mail and FB and sent e-mail to Jim Rogers re moose piss on road. Amy put Liam and Alex to bed. Others started watching pay-per-view ($6.99) movie "Jack The Giant Slayer". Said goodnight and went off to bed. I picked out a couple books and did some reading. Off to bed at midnight. Bev joined me at 12:30 AM.
Exploit's River Motel, Bishop's Falls, NL

No comments:

Post a Comment