Wednesday, June 20, 2012

CCCT 2012 - June 14/12 - Day 26

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Thursday, June 14, 2012 - Day 26
Coleman to Pincher Creek, AB - Trip 55:09 kms Time 3 hrs 10 mins Max 53.5 kph
I was up at 7:00 AM. In spite of my stomach still feeling a bit queasy I was determined to get back on the road again. Besides Bev was starting to get "cabin fever". We had a quick breakfast of  1/2 a banana each, some Greek yogurt and tea (2 cups for me). I got Tom to open up his workshop so we could get our bikes out while Bev finished tidying up the kitchenette. We loaded our panniers on our bikes and set off for PINCHER CREEK at 9:15. Thank goodness it was downhill most of the way, with a great paved shoulder and a tail wind all the way. We stopped in LUNDBRECK at 11:00 AM for a pit stop and a break. Not a very friendly place. The shop keeper was OK though.
We arrived in Pincher Creek at 2:30 PM after pushing into a southerly headwind for 3-4 kms. We stopped at a Timmy's for soup, a roll and chocolate milk before going to the Visitor's Centre to enquire about motels, etc. We found the Blue Mountain Motel was asking $65 but I talked him down to $60 + taxes. It had a nice large room with 2 double beds. We unpacked and put our bikes in the room. There was a problem with the taps for the bath/shower. I called reception and asked that they be fixed. The manager came by with his tool box and after fiddling with them for 1/2 an hour he had them working again. I set up the laptop on wi-fi and Bev let relatives know we were in Pincher Creek. I lay down for a nap at 3:30 PM and got up at 5:00 PM. My Bell-Sympatico e-mail was working OK once again. Must have been a wi-fi router problem back at the STOP Motel? I received an invoice from my gardener for $67.80. Bev managed to contact her cousins, who live in Cardston, and they agreed to meet us for dinner at 6:30 PM in Pincher Creek.
Sherry, Bev and Darlene
When Darlene and Sherry arrived we walked across the street to the Suisse restaurant. They had brought along a family photo album with photos of their visit to Hamilton back when Bev was in a High School Band. We took some photos. Back at the motel room I checked my e-mail and sent a reply to Keith thanking him for the copper oil cans that he got at Lee Valley Tools on special for my Father's Day present. I was still feeling a bit shaky so it was off to bed at 10:00 PM.
Bev and Roly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roly,

    Glad you're feeling better. I was at Christopher's last night (Wednesday) and had the Swiss Melt Burger in your honour. Told Lynda of you travails health-wise. Hope it goes more smoothly from here on.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete