Saturday, August 25, 2012

CCCT 2012 - August 10/12 - Day 83

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Friday, August 10, 2012 - Day 83
Hawkesbury, ON to Montreal, QC - Trip 106.63 kms Time 6 hrs 17 mins Avg 16.95 kph Max 35.6 kph
Serbio and Bev at the Ontario/Quebec border
I had to get up twice during the night because of cramps. First in my left inner thigh at midnight and second in my right inner thight at 1:00 AM. We got up at 6:00 AM, packed and loaded our gear on our bikes before cycling to a nearby Timmy's for breakfast. We left for MONTREAL at 7:22 AM. I had to stop after 8 kms to take my jacket off. Once we got on the main road going East along the Riviere des Outaouais/Lac des Deux Montagnes we had a nice paved shoulder. I struggled with a slight head wind pretty well all the way but Bev didn't seem to mind. Later she remarked that it was the most enjoyable day of our CCCT so far. She felt relaxed and very much enjoyed the lovely scenery. We made a pit stop in Rigaud and had cookies and chocolate milk. Next stop was the IGA in Hudson where we got some food for our lunch. We met 2 local guys, one a reporter, who were very curious about our trip. The reporter asked to take our photo and said he would like to publish our story in the local paper. (To date, August 25th, we haven't heard back from him). We stopped at a park in Vaudreuil for lunch. Crossing over L'Ile Perrot went very smoothly as the dedicated cycling lane is now completed. We arrived at the Motel St Jacques on Rue St. Jacques in Montreal at 3:00 PM. A room cost $60 (tax included).  After unloading our bikes and putting them in the room we went to the pub next door for a cold beer. It became quite windy, the temperature dropped and it started to rain. We put our jackets on and walked to a nearby McDs for dinner. Once back in our room I checked out the wi-fi. I had some trouble getting a connection but eventually was able to check my e-mail and work on my blog. I was still hungry so finished off last night's left over Chinese food. Bev fell asleep while watching TV. I soon joined her at 9:30 PM.
Bev and Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment