Thursday, August 23, 2012

CCCT 2012 - August 9/12 - Day 82

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Thursday, August 9, 2012 - Day 82
Ottawa to Hawkesbury, ON - Trip 116.02 kms Time 6 hrs 31 mins Avg 17.80 kph Max 39.5 kph
I got up at 3:00 AM and went downstairs to get an ice pack to put on my left shoulder. Frank was sleeping on the sofa with the TV ON/LIGHTS OUT!. I went back upstairs to bed and put the ice pack on my shoulder. We got up at 6:00 AM and I had toast with peanut butter and honey and a 1/2 banana for breakfast. Finished packing. Emptied dish washer. Most of the dishes were not clean. The soap puck was stuck on the bottom of the dish washer. Not sure why that's happening. Looks like I'll have to do some dish washer repairs when I get back home. Lori was up to take photos of our departure with our bikes fully loaded with our panniers. We left home at 7:20 AM for HAWKESBURY. We had a light head wind and some rain on the way. We made a few pit stops along the way and arrived in Hawkesbury at 2:30. We stopped at a DQ for ice cream and checked my GPS for Hotels/Motels. There were only 2 available - 1 in Grenville, QC, and the Best Western off the main highway. It started raining. We cycled to the Best Western and checked in at $112 + taxes. This was down from the original price quoted of $129. We able to bring our bikes in through the side door, unloaded our bags in the hall and then put the bikes in our very large room. I checked out the motel wi-fi and managed to get on the Internet OK. We checked our e-mail, etc. I was feeling a bit chilly so got under the covers for a nap and woke up at 5:30 PM. It was still pouring rain so we decided to order Chinese food after getting several takeout menus at the reception. Jessie, the receptionist, was very helpful. We ordered egg rolls, House Fried Rice, Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls and Singapore Noodles which cost $34.65 + tip. We watched TV until 9:30 PM and then it was off to bed.
Bev and Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment