Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CCCT 2012 - July 29/12 - Day 71

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Sunday, July 29, 2012 - Day 71
Sturgeon Falls - Rest Day
I woke up several times during the night once when I heard someone arriving at 1:30 AM and using some sort of motor to blow up their air mattress, bang their car doors, flash their lights, etc. I also heard a fox or cat strangling a bird. There was a lot of squawking at 4:30 AM. We got up at 8:00 AM and went up to the main building for a $5.00 pancake, sausage and orange juice (Tang) breakfast. The pancakes looked very anemic but the sausages were OK. We returned to our tent after breakfast and I worked on my blog. Later, we changed into our cycling gear and cycled into Sturgeon Falls for lunch at Tim Horton's. We then got some groceries at a Foodland store. We stopped at a sidewalk café to listen to some music and have a beer and ice cream. It was all very entertaining. A male singer asked for anyone wearing white sox to go up on stage. Bev went up and got a FREE Gisèle CD. We cycled back to the KOA at 3:30 PM and I lay down for a nap at 4:15 PM while Bev read her book. Bev prepared 3 Cheese Tortellini pasta with Tomato and Mushroom sauce. I helped. I packed my bags while Bev did the dishes. It was very hot in the tent. I had to take my T-shirt off. Did a bit more work on my blog while Bev packed her bags. I tried to work in the "lounge" up at the main building to get away from the mosquitoes but the wi-fi connection was to slow and I was unable to open any websites. I returned to our tent where wi-fi reception was excellent. We were off to bed at 9:30 PM. A lady in her 50s arrived with her large white dog and set up her tent next to ours. Bev told me that when I put my arm above my head I hit her inflatable pillow and it makes her head bounce!!!
Bev and Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment