Wednesday, August 22, 2012

CCCT 2012 - August 2/12 - Day 75

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Thursday, August 2, 2012 - Day 75
Golden Lake to Arnprior, ON - Trip 93.91 kms Time 4 hrs 59 mins Avg 18.81 kph Max 49.8 kph
I woke up when I heard Bev get up at 4:15 AM to go to the w/c. We got up at 6:30 AM. My left shoulder and upper arm were quite sore. I woke up Debbie when I went in trailer to use w/c. She was sleeping on her Lazy Boy recliner. Did some packing before having breakfast of OJ, cereal, toast with peanut butter and jam and tea. We finished packing and loaded our gear on our bikes, said goodbye, thanked Debbie and left for ARNPRIOR at 8:00 AM. We stopped at the corner store for Gatorade and filled our bottles. We followed Hwy #60 to Renfrew and stopped in Douglas for chocolate milk and a muffin at a café. In Renfrew we stopped at a Tim Horton's for lunch before continuing on #20 to Castleford then #1 (River Road) to Arnprior. The road was newly paved with some hills thrown in to slow us down before getting out of Renfrew. Although it was nice riding along the Ottawa River on River Road it was a bit rough for the last 15 kms or so. It was also very hot and humid with a bit of a tail wind. We stopped in Braeside for a cold drink before arriving in Arnprior at 2:00 PM. Bev was very tired and sore. I was able to use my GPS to find a motel. We checked into the Twin Maples Motel at $65 + taxes. We rinsed out an outfit for tomorrow's ride after having a shower. I had trouble turning on my Notebook. I eventually had to remove the battery in order to turn it on. It appears the battery went completely flat as I had left it on "Standby" when putting it away the previous evening. I had to pretend to connect to another router before I could connect to the Twin Maples router. We checked our e-mail and I sent a reply to Lise, Keith, Steph, Lori and Jim about our return to Ottawa tomorrow. Later we walked to the Tosh Restaurant for dinner. I had a pulled pork sandwich shared some sweet potato fries with Bev and a garden salad. Bev had a humongous, very juicy burger. We walked back to our motel and were off to bed at 9:00 PM as we were both very tired.
Bev and Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment