Friday, June 5, 2009

Issoire to Thiers

Left Issoire at 9:00 AM after mopping up bathroom floor again. They really need to do something about the floor drain!!! Took highway direction Orbeil. After climbing for 3 kms realized I was going the wrong way. Stopped and asked local family sorting freshly picked cherries for directions to Thiers. Husband went into house to get his map and glasses and together we were able to figure out which way I had to go. Turned around and went down the hill at a much faster pace than coming up. I should have taken the hwy for Montpeyroux which eventually took me to Vic-le-Compte and Billom where I stopped for lunch. Had a very nice potatoe, ham and cheese omellette. After lunch it was more climbing until eventually the last 15 kms or so were downhill or flat. I passed an Hotel Etape on the way into town at 3:00 PM and decided I would stop for the night. After checking in lay for a nap. Later on went out for a walk to nearby bank and got some Euros. No problem using my RBC client card. Decided to walk a little further to a bar/restaurant I had seen earlier. It was now 7:30 PM. It was closed. Go figure. As far as I could tell it only opened for lunch during the week and Friday and Saturday evenings. I walked back to the hotel where I had seen a shopping complex behind the hotel. Went into supermarket and was able to get some dental floss (50 m) for 3.20 Euros. I also found out after standing in line for 15 minutes to pay for my groceries that you have to get your bananas weighed before going to the cash.
I think I'm going to have to get out of this place. It's full of kids in their late teens and it's getting quite loud. My head is pounding ...... but the internet was free.
Bonne nuit

No comments:

Post a Comment