Friday, June 5, 2009

Massiac to Issoire

Up at 7 AM. Pretty well slept through the night. No nightmares about closing down the tunnel. BTW it is 1.5 kms long and it took me about 10 minutes to cycle through it. Before leaving for Issoire went into local Spar Supermarche to do some shopping. I especially wanted to buy some dental floss and a bar of soap and some bananas. No problem finding soap and bananas but no dental floss. Cycled a little further into town and went into Pharmacie. Asked for fil de soie dentaire. The clerk had to unlock a bottom drawer to get two different types of floss out. One was priced at E 5.80. The other had no price and was plain so I said I would take it. It was a small package of about 50 metres of floss. The price was E 6.90. I decided to look elsewhere for dental floss. No wonder they kept it locked up in a safe at those prices!!!
I cycled to Blesle, Lempdes-sur-Allagnon, St. Germain Lembron and Issoire. See previous post re Cyber Cafe and loss of about one hours blogging.
I found a nice Hotel Ace on the other side of town at a reasonable price and checked in for the night. Decided to cycle back to cyber cafe. Had a little trouble finding it but eventually after asking for directions was able to get to my blog. This time I posted each day as I finished typing and the manager assured me that I had unlimited time.
I cycled back to the hotel and decided to check out the Buffalo Bill restaurant nearby. YEEHAW!!! country and western music. Tried some Texas Chili. Real big chunks of beef. But I don't think Marshy's has anything to worry about.
I asked for a room on the main floor and permission to keep my bike in my room. I was given a handicap room. Lot's of room. Only problem was the shower just flooded the whole bathroom floor. The floor drain was a bit plugged up. Otherwise it was great.
Right now I'm in Roanne at a cafe called Le Blog. Internet access is free as long as I keep drinking beer!! Typing is a challenge - have to keep up with the beat of the quite loud music!!!

1 comment:

  1. Roly you have finally encountered French plumbing, notorious for how well it works!!!!!

    Enjoying your blog. John W

    ReplyDelete