Thursday, June 11, 2009

Troyes 11June09

Well Iève think I've just died and gone to heaven. Arrived in Troyes this afternoon at 2:30 and went directly to the Office du Tourisme. There I was able to find a decent hotel at a reasonable price in the centre of town called Hotel Splendid at E 32. Mind you the WC and shower are in the hall but not far away. Also the young lady at the O de T showed me where there was a laundrymat with internet cafe all in the same operation. So I packed all my laundry in one of my paniers and walked about 3 blocks through the centre of town. Very old buildings. Lots of sidewalk cafes. Many people sitting out having a late early afternoon drink. I wish I could upload pictures but it would be quite complicated especially using cyber cafe facilities. Since leaving Bourg-en-Bresse the rides have been less difficult with some hills but mostly flat. I stopped in Louhans, Dijon and Chatillon-sur-Seine last night. Yesterday I had a lovely tailwind but today it was a headwind. At least it didn't pour. There have been several nasty storms the last couple of days but mostly in the evening. On the way to Chatillon yesterday I had a stunt pilot entertain me for about 1/2 an hour as I climbed some hills he was doing loop-dy-loops. Man could he ever fly that plane. Sorry I can't tell you what sort of plane it was Gary. Keep up the comments. I appreciate reading them. Glad to hear the Rideau Lakes ride went well this year. I sure would like to have been there with you guys. I think my laundry is just about ready to go in the dryer now so will sign off for now. Cheers, Roly

2 comments:

  1. hi Roly
    so happy to be hearing about your trip...we've a map posted at work , tracking your route. After coming back from a fairly quiet two weeks off work, I'm so enjoying being able to go on another holiday, albeit vicariously, with you.

    cheers
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roly,

    Still watching your progress and I really look forward to your blogs. I guess it's not so easy to find internet access everywhere you stop. Soon you will be at the coast and the ferries probably have internet access; so you can blog away for quite awhile whilst crossing the channel.

    I have moved the closing date for the new house up to July 2nd and we move on the 24th. I have painters coming in on the 3rd and they will be finished on the 23rd, I hope! New carpets going in as well. Should be a really nice place when we finally get in there.

    I just got my D300 back from repair and got some really good photos of tree sparrows flying into a feeder box behind the airport. I will show you everything when you get back and come over and show us all the pics of your trip; which I hope will be many.

    May the road continue to be flat.

    Cheers
    Barrie

    ReplyDelete