Friday, July 20, 2012

CCCT 2012 - July 10/12 - Day 52

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - Day 52
Dryden, ON (Rest Day 2)
I woke up when I heard Merve, Ken and Larry arrive from Winnipeg at 2:10 AM. Also heard Merve get up at 4:00 AM to go to w/c and several trains came through town. I finally got up at 7:00 AM and had a nice breakfast of OJ, cereal, toast with peanut butter and jam. Merve got up also as he had to go to a diabetic's meeting at 8:00 AM. I got tires (Bev had asked for one tire) out of Merve's van which he had managed to get while in Winnipeg. I went out to the garage and changed Bev's rear tire. I took my bike out for a short test ride. It shifted a bit better. Sorted through my clothes, tools, etc. Bev did the same. We packed all our cold weather gear, etc in a box and wrapped it for shipping to Ottawa.
About 10 minutes after Bev left to go get her hair washed and cut, by hairdresser who lived on street just behind Toms's house, Merve received news that Tom had passed away at 11:00 ish. Merve went over to tell Bev the sad news. They eventually went off to the hospital at 12:30.
I worked on my blog. Made myself a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and also had some potato salad and bread and butter pickles. Went back downstairs and continued to work on my blog. I received an e-mail from Jim Rogers re his trip to Saskatchewan.
Bev, et al, back from hospital. Lay down for nap at 2:30 PM while they had a late lunch. I got up at 3:45 PM and had a cup of tea. Checked my e-mail and sent a reply to Erika to let her know that we were OK and had not been affected by the storms in SK.
Neighbours brought over 2 BBQ chickens, a large potato salad and fruit platter. Bruno, Tom's friend, brought over a fruit basket, etc. and stayed for a beer. Bev and I also had a beer. Susan returned from the funeral parlour. She and Bev prepared dinner i.e. BBQ chicken, etc. Merve's girlfriend, Dot, came over and joined us for dinner. We watched the US All Star game. It was a washout!!!
Bev and Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment