Saturday, July 21, 2012

CCCT 2012 - July 11/12 - Day 53

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - Day 53
Dryden, ON (Rest Day 3)
I was up twice during the night to go to the w/c. Finally got up at 7:50 AM. Bev, Merve, Larry and Ken already up. Had some cereal, fruit and OJ for breakfast. Went down to the basement and checked my e-mail on Merve's PC. Sebastian had told me about "Warm Showers" a site dedicated to providing accommodation to cyclists. I decided to check it out. I started filling out the registration but was interupted by Bev who said Merve was ready to take us to the shops. We drove to Shopper's and shipped surplus clothing, tools, etc back home. Only cost $23.00. We then drove to Wal-Mart. Bev bought herself a new outfit (shorts and top) then we did a little shopping for camping supplies. Merve drove us back home at 11:30 AM. I had a chicken salad sandwich, potato/egg salad and bread and butter pickles for lunch. Afterwards I helped Bev do the dishes. They sure do seem to pile up with 5 adults in the house! Bev went on the Internet to check her e-mail then went out with Susan to pick flowers for Tom's funeral. I finally got to finish registering with Warm Showers then worked on my blog. I went upstairs and lay down for a nap at 3:30 PM. When I got up at 4:30 PM the Minister was over to discuss arragements for Tom's memorial service. He was a very active member of the community and local Legion. I did some more work on my blog and had a beer while waiting for dinner to be prepared. Got Ken's SD card out of his camera and started showing photos of his son Chad's wedding, etc. Susan went to pick up her friend and they came back for dinner of BBQ chicken (again), which Ken  had cooked on the BBQ earlier, and Greek salad. Later we had some watermelon for dessert. I went downstairs to do some reading. Bev started a load of laundry at 7:00 PM. Must observe "peak hours" to conserve electrical energy/costs. Bev ended up helping with dishes again. Ken continued to show his photos. I went off to bed at 10:00 PM.
Bev and Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment