Friday, July 20, 2012

CCCT 2012 - July 9/12 - Day 51

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Monday, July 9, 2012 - Day 51
Dryden, ON (rest day 1)
Sorry about the double posting of Day 50. Sometimes the wi-fi is quite flaky and I'm never quite sure if my blog gets posted OK.
Merve was up at 4:30 AM. He's not a very quiet person! Bev thought Sebastian was also up. She got up at 5:00 AM. Merve left for Winnipeg at 6:30 AM to go and pick up Ken and Larry, Bev's two other brothers. I got up at 6:45 AM when I heard Seb getting ready to leave. I had some OJ, cereal and toast with peanut butter and jam and tea for breakfast. Seb left at 7:15 AM for Ignace (about 109 kms).
I went out to the garage and worked on the bikes. Cleaned my chain, derailleur, etc. I was unable to break the chain quick release on my bike which made cleaning the chain rather ackward. I had a break and had some cheese and crackers while Bev did dishes and tidied house. I cleaned and oiled her chain and mounted the rear tail light on her bike. I had to drill out a hole, to fit a larger bolt, using a file a job that would have taken me 5 minutes to do at home. It took me an hour to find the file. I found some drill bits but no suitable drill!
Bev prepared bacon and eggs for lunch. Made myself a delicious bacon sandwich. I lay down at 1:00 PM for a nap while waiting for Emily, Bev's niece, to arrive. Got up at 2:30 PM to say hello. I went down to the basement and checked the Internet. I was finally able to send an e-mail to my cousin Lori after the 3rd attempt. I decided to do some work on my blog and was able to post 3 days. Meanwhile, Bev went out for groceries for dinner. Susan arrived from work and we had BBQ chicken, salad, potato salad, beets, pickles and water melon for dinner.
Susan and Bev went to the hospital  to visit Tom. I got stuck with the dishes! Afterwards I was able to post another day on my blog. I had some of the ice cream that Seb bought with chocolate sauce. Checked out his website http://www.whereisseb.com/  Transferred photos from camera SD card to Notebook. Watched Tour de France and filled in my journal. Susan and Bev returned from hospital. Tom was much more alert and Bev was able to chat with him. Bev made a cup of tea before going on PC to check her e-mail. Showed her pictures from Crystal Lake. Susan left her car for us to use tomorrow but had to come back at 11:00 to get it to go pick up Emily who was getting off work at DQ.
We were off to bed at 11:00. It was quite hot. No A/C and not much of a breeze. I had trouble falling asleep as I knew Merve, Ken and Larry would be getting back from Winnipeg shortly.
Bev and Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment