Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CCCT 2012 - July 4/12 - Day 46

Cross Canada Cycling Tour - Wednesday, July 4, 2012 - Day 46
Winnipeg at Angel's Apartment
We were up at 6:00 AM hoping to get an early start but before setting off we checked the Weather Channel to see what sort of weather we could expect for the day. It was severe thunderstorm warnings with large hail, possible tornadoes, etc for the Winnipeg/Kenora area. We didn't fancy cycling in the rain all day let alone getting caught in a tornado so we decided to stay indoors and enjoy another day in the safety and comfort of Angel's apartment.
I had a muffin, yogurt, fried eggs and dry toast for breakfast. Bev had a muffin and yogurt. I did some work on my blog while Bev watched TV. I let Angel know we were staying on an extra day due to the extreme weather conditions and asked her where we could dump our garbage once we were ready to leave. It wasn't long before Angel replied explaining where to dump our garbage, etc. I also got an e-mail from my sister, Doris, letting me know that my Aunt Cecile Oriet (my step-mother's sister) had died at the age of 81. The Internet is sometimes useful - other times it's to much information. On the other hand it's good to be able to keep abreast of what's happening back home.
I lay down for a nap at 11:00 and got up at 12:50.  There wasn't much in the way of food in the apartment and since the rain had let up we walked across the street to Timmy's to get some lunch. While we were finishing our tea the power went out. Timmy's decided to close. We needed to get something for our dinner so we checked out the "convenience store" at the gas station on the opposite corner. They still had power.  They just had junk food, i.e. chips, candy bars and pop. We returned to the apartment where I continued to work on my blog for awhile. The sun came out so we decided to cycle to the grocery store about 1.5 kms up the road. We were able to get something for dinner and for tomorrow's lunch. We cycled back to the apartment.
Later on Bev prepared a pork and vegetable stir fry and fried chicken rice for dinner. It was very tasty. After dinner I continued to work on my blog while Bev prepared ham and cheese sandwiches for tomorrow's lunch. Afterwards I did the dishes and tidyed up. We watched a Jays vs KC ballgame before going off to bed at 10:30 hoping tomorrow would be more favourable weather wise for cycling.
Bev and Roly

No comments:

Post a Comment